375g Dark Chocolate
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
500g Caster Sugar
1 teaspoon salt
300g Chopped walnuts/pecans*
* I didn’t have enough walnuts so I also used pistachios.
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C. Line a brownie pan with baking paper.
2. Melt the chocolate and butter together in a heavy based saucepan. Let it cool a little bit.
3. Beat the eggs with the sugar and vanilla extract. Slowly beat in the chocolate mixture, being careful not to curdle the eggs. Continue to beat until the mixture is smooth.
4. Beat in the nuts and flour and transfer to the brownie tin.
5. The recipe states to bake for 25 minutes but I’ve always found to cook it well, it needs closer to 35. The top should be brown and speckled while the middle is dense and a little gooey. The mixture will continue to cook once out of the oven.
6. Once cold, cut up into serving quantities.